339 - How to Update pVault - Version 7 and Higher
Updating pVault version 7x or higher
- On the pVault Application Server, open the Paperless Application Server Dashboard.
- Click the DEPLOYMENT tab.
The window similar to the following displays:
- Click Live Update.
You should see the latest available version should be visible along with your currently installed version.
- Click the Services On / Off icon.
The icon should change from "lit" to "unlit". This stops all services.
- Click Deploy.
- Wait for the download to finish.
- If prompted to deploy a new version of Server Dashboard, click OK. The Dashboard may close to update. If so, you may need to relaunch the Dashboard, then continue.
- If prompted to download ClientSetup.exe, click Yes.
- Enter the SQL Server password when requested.
Note: If you are logged into Windows with credentials that have SQL sa rights, you can also use Windows Authentication at this step.
- At the Back up the Database prompt, click Yes.
Note: Paperless Environments recommends that you always perform a backup before updating. In some cases, customers with large databases may choose to backup their databases before beginning the update process.
- Wait for the deployment to finish. The Dashboard may become unresponsive during this time. This is normal.
- At the Deployment Successful prompt, click OK.
- Click the Services On / Off icon. The icon should change from "unlit" to "lit". This starts all services.
- Open pvaultupdater.exe on the workstations to automatically update the client.
Note: If you have a Microsoft RDS or Citrix Environment, someone with Admin rights will need to launch the pVaultupdater.exe from that environment to update it before allowing users to log back in.
- Paperless Environments recommends clicking the Sync Addins button after the update is finished. This will download any new versions of the Add-Ins. This will allow them to be installed from the Add-Ins Tab in the pVault Client if needed.